Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hello London

I'm in a Thai restaurant - I'm so full I am almost sick. It was fairly cheap too. I have a hour to kill before I check in to my hostel. The plane ride was long, I only got 3 hours of sleep. I hear Jet lag is brutal but I feel fine; I'm not even tired. I got off the pane and spent about thirty minutes wandering around the airport. I felt lost. The border guy was upset that I didn't tell him where I was staying - he said most countries would just refuse me. I thought he was ridiculous. I could give him any address and get by the check point. but he kind of yelled at me; it was frightening. I jut nodded quietly and went off to find the underground.
You know, the underground isn't entirely underground. Alot of the time it is a little above the first story of the houses and you can see the roofs, buildings, trees and other ...trains I think they are called (or trams?). I got off after 20 minutes and realized this was as far as my directions led me. I picked right randomly and four streets down was the one I was looking for - what luck.
I have to go to the bathroom but I'm not sure if it is safe to leave my bags at the table. I have my purse which is just a bike to work bag and then I have my backpack. it is super heavy and stiff because I packed it so full, and it's awkward to carry - I feel like a turtle trying to walk on two legs.
Whoa, I actually feel very tired all of a sudden. It must be the food. I know I shouldn't nap but I am going to bed as soon as I check in. I texted Mom and Aunt Billie and my sister Air to let them know I'm alive. It's 5:30 am at home, geez.

No comments:

Fin?

Fin?